All about Mrs. Burns

Teacher of second graders, mother to one, wife to a super cute guy, and lover of Jesus. Welcome to my teaching blog!

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Crafty weekend...


This weekend I was feeling a little crafty. Didn't feel much like cleaning or doing laundry though! Oh well...I had seen this teacher pledge on pintrest done in many different ways, and I just loved it. What a great way to show your class how you feel about them! So I got to work using the color theme for my room. I made the mistake of painting the words with the silver, and they just faded into the background. So I had to trace over them with black. Next time, I won't make that mistake and it might not look so wonky. Wonky as it is, I do love it!

This is not a craft I worked on too much, but I wanted to show my desk. I trimmed the desk in navy fabric to make it a little different. I don't sit here often, but I do sit here during planning to input grades and search blogs! Of course, I've still got a lot to work on here, but so far, it's going well.


I let my girl join me on the painting. She made a beautiful painting that was a cross between Nemo, Tangled, and what her new Twinkle Toe shoes look like. At least, that's what I kept hearing as she painted. "Look, he's got a lucky fin! I drew Tangled's hair! This rainbow looks like my shoes!"
Too funny!


Finally, one of my favorite quotes ever... and my life motto. I thought it would look good in my class too, but not sure where yet.

Can't believe the weekend is over and I've got to get back up to school tomorrow. My favorite part of working in the summer is the fact that I can wear my running shorts and flip flops! We have a very strict teacher dress code so there are no flip flops ever! And lord, can you imagine running shorts with my high heels? Ha!
Sometimes, it would be nice to give my stilettos a break with some yellow box flip flops! :)
Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment